Monday, September 2, 2013

Grand Entry - Puyallup Pow Wow August 30, 2013

Grand Entry - Puyallup Pow Wow - What a privilege to have a Puyallup Color Guard member turn to me and say, "Welcome Aboard".  At the close of the Grand Entry,  I turned to a Puyallup Color Guard member and said, "This is the most honored I feel as a veteran marching in with The Grand Entry". He Replied, "This past weekend I rode on a float in a parade honoring veterans". As a Vietnam era veteran he had not been honored when he returned. He said, "I wept during the whole parade". We embraced one another in true comradeship, this white man and one Native American stood as one; united by our common sacrifice for this country. Is this not a true picture of what reconciliation should look like?
If we sit and wait for someone to come to us to begin the process of healing we may wait for ever. We have to get up and go where we may be given the gift of tears. When we weep with those who weep we validate them and give them the gift of significance. You have the power to give this gift the question is will you give it?
 That would be me with the VFW Garrison hat on.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment