Monday, January 13, 2014

The Children Are No More

I went for a walk this morning
It seemed like it would only take a moment
But then I heard the children crying
Is this Sandy Hook and the children who are no more?

As I turned to find another path
There was only one way to go
So softly my steps led me through the snow
Is this Wound Knee and the children who are no more?

Again the pain tore at my heart
Tears falling for innocent ones
Down the dusty trail I walked in Herod’s day
Is this Jerusalem and the children who are no more?

There must be another way
So slowly turning south I began to pray
Is this were Moses would play in Pharaoh’s day
Is this Egypt and the children who are no more?

I crossed the oceans looking to the sky
Where is there hope in such a time as this
Surely we have learned from our past
Is this America and where are the children who are no more?

I began to run to find a place to lay
Crawling up Calvary's hill weeping as if to say
“Creator only you can make a way”
Is this Jesus; The Chosen one in who’s arms all children Stay?

In His arms not one did He forget
Every child around Him now play
Forbid them not is what He did say
Is this Heaven? This is where the children are forever more!


No comments:

Post a Comment